On this page
What is Qualified?
Qualified.io is a platform built for assessing software developers, primarily through the use of performance-oriented assessments. It is used in recruiting, education, and certification contexts. Using Qualified you can choose from a variety of pre-existing assessment tasks (which we call "challenges") which you can either use as-is or customize. There is also full-suite of development tools at your disposal to build your own tasks from scratch, or using our templates as starting points. The platform itself can be highly tailored as a standalone solution or integrated into other platforms.
- Assess software developers using unit testing frameworks to control your automated testing, not STDIN/OUT
- Versatile workflow which fits within any process, such as recruiting, education, training, and certification
- Extensive integration options, including the ability to embed Qualified directly into your own application
- Extensive support for common web frameworks
- Ability to playback full coding session of each assessment task
- Comprehensive library of existing coding tasks
- Reporting tools to improve efficacy
- Detailed statistics to understand relative performance
- Full suite of tools to build your own custom assessments
What can I use the Qualified Platform for?
The following are some of the top use-cases for integrating Qualified into your organization's process...
- Technical pre-screens to verify coding ability (work samples)
- Technical in-depth testing to verify coding ability (work samples)
- Technical code-pairing interviews
- Job fitness scoring
- Culture fitness scoring
- Assessing technical knowledge
Education & Training
Qualified is used in all kinds of education settings, including higher learning, bootcamps, grade schools, online courses, and corporate training/upskilling.
- Course coding assignments
- Course exams testing coding ability
- Course exams testing technical knowledge
- Ranking students by assessment performance
- Identifying skills gaps in workforce
- Identifying training gaps in curriculum
Qualified is currently used for multiple online certification programs. The following are some areas where the platform is best suited for certifications:
- General coding ability
- Framework or library specific knowledge and skill
How Is Code Tested?
Each time code is tested or submitted, it is submitted to our code execution servers, where a testing framework specific to the primary programming language's environment will run the tests. Essentially, the Qualified platform acts like a ultra fast continuous integration environment. Each time the code is ran, a fresh environment is used to execute the code. Entire environments are created and executed within milliseconds.
Once the testing framework has ran the tests, the results are reported back to the candidate, and back to our system, where the results are scored. It is important to understand that testing frameworks are always used when scoring code. This means you have the ability to write tests using code, and therefore you have an enormous amount of flexibility in how and what you test.
What Software Technologies Are Supported For Testing?
A wide variety of technologies are supported, ranging from back-end and front-end web frameworks, to popular data science libraries.
Here are just a few of the technologies which can be tested with the Qualified platform. We are constantly adding new technologies, so if you don't see what you are looking for you can reach out to us to find out if we do, or can add it.
Back-end Web Frameworks
- Ruby on Rails
- Spring Boot
Front-end Frameworks & Libraries
Data Science Frameworks & Libraries